Wednesday, April 2, 2014

only a few short weeks until Easter...composting, trash, recycling and dog potty humor

I am sharing these photos even though I am sure that I am doing this wrong, despite my research. Notice no picture of the inside of the composting bin.

Composting. It seems like dumping old food and some lawn stuff in a bin every now and then would create nothing but extra steps. That's a good thing.

I trust it will one day do its magic.

It has also created addition leg work and well arm work and back work for Jim because you see

Scout loves the compost bin. She has dug and dug until she has made her way under the wall and into the delicious rotting food. I mean she will snatch contents left in toilet for an afternoon snack. Gross.

Nothing says no licking my face ever again like catching that one. Then you just hope that it doesn't make your dog sick. That's the salt in the wound.
Just don't yell, hey--that looks familiar. Yuck.

Anyway, dogs aren't known for their delicate palates.

So, Jim nailed some boards around the base and this has kept the dog out for 3 whole days now. It's a record. Here are some pictures of her today trying to get to the onions, bananas, and coffee grounds.



So I did Jim a real solid today and took out the trash and the recycling bin. I thought that you would want  to see the difference. I may completely underestimate your interest in my life, but I am not known for my under sharing. 
 Inside of the black garbage bag is the one bag that I collected from the house--the white kitchen bag was less than half full. There was some other stuff in the black bag in the garage--wondering if it is more than one week.  But as I type this, I realize that I should have emptied the white bag into the black. Oops. 
But the recycling container is pretty close to full.

Now, I realize that my goal was to not produce trash. so why am I showing you trash? 
That trash comes from those other people who live in this house with me. 
No one say, let he who is without sin...
My trash goes in my sin box. 
and I haven't had to get a new one or a bigger one yet. 
so, there.
The rest of the family has produced a little trash, but it is far less than it was and we are all constantly aware of the products that we buy, what we bring home and figuring out how to reuse it or recycle it.  


don't bother looking for the wine bottles...

No comments:

Post a Comment